Vacuum Research started building vacuum valves in 1953, and vacuum valves are still an important part of the business.
In 1988, Vacuum Research began developing our vacuum gauge product line, which now includes Pirani, thermocouple, and diaphragm instruments.
In 1998, rotary vane vacuum pumps were added, with an ultimate pressure of 5 x 10-4 Torr, with capacities from 1.8 to 64 CFM; and from 3 to 108 m3/hr. The pumps are well suited for both roughing and foreline applications.
• Gate valves: stainless steel, aluminum, and mild steel up to 24 inch or ISO-600
• Angle valves: aluminum, stainless steel, and mild steel up to 24 inch or ISO-600
• Diaphragm manometers, 10-2 Torr to 1500 Torr.
• Pirani gauges, 10-5 to 800 Torr
• Rotary vane pumps, 5 x 10-5 Torr, ultimate pressure 3 to 28 CFM
• Throttle valves, stainless steel and aluminum, 2 inch to 16 inch, NW 50 to ISO-400
• Feedthroughs, linear and rotary
Products, Services, and Markets
Throttle Valves – aluminum and stainless steel up to 16 inch (400 m) ANSI and ISO ports, 3 position and PID control
Aluminum Gate Valves with Conflat® Flanges – in sizes 2.75” to 12” (or ISO equivalents); can mate directly to stainless steel Conflat® flanges, using low-cost, solid aluminum gaskets from VRC
Rotary Vane Pumps – low-cost pumps from 2.5 to 28 cfm (4 to 48 m3/hr.) Ultimate pressure of 5 X 10-4 Torr. Motors for any voltage
High-Vacuum Pirani and Diaphragm Gauges – vacuum measurement and control instruments that offer the precision and resolution of digital electronics at the same price as analog instruments. Vacuum and pressure ranges from 10–5 to 1500 Torr (0.01 Pa to 200 kPa)
Wide-Range Diaphragm Manometer – the VRC wide-range manometer uses a fast response diaphragm sensor to provide high accuracy measurements that are unaffected by gas composition from 2 to 1500 Torr. From 1 to 2000 mTorr, the easy -o-read LED display is driven by a rugged Pirani sensor that is mounted in the transducer housing next to the diaphragm sensor